Summary from Buildsystem BoF at Desktop Summit

Bjoern Ricks bjoern.ricks at intevation.de
Thu Aug 18 10:09:34 BST 2011

On Thursday 18 August 2011 09:14:09 Volker Krause wrote:
> We of course also want coverage of different hardware architectures and OS,
> but that basically requires individual setups, and each of those requires
> someone to maintain it. If you have access to such systems, running
> automated builds on them is of course a very much appreciated way to
> contribute to KDE, but it's not a one time setup thing as one might think,
> it requires continuous maintenance to keep up with new dependency
> requirements etc.

On dektop summit I did talk to Paul Adams and Marcus
Hanwell about mac builds and we are going to set up a mac pro (will be hosted
by Intevation) for continous builds of kde on Mac OS X next weeks.

Just a note: It's not allowed to virtualalize any Mac OS X on non Apple
Hardware and without Mac OS X Server edition.

--
Bjoern Ricks |  ++49-541-335083-167  |  http://www.intevation.de/