Empty merges per release

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Apr 28 21:32:48 BST 2011

On Wednesday 27 April 2011, John Layt wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 Apr 2011 19:59:05 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > I mean, I can help with simple things.
> >
> > If we agree that the following pages should be gone
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git

Done.
I.e. I made the page empty (with just a big warning and a link to the centrla
git page), changed all links to it to point to the central git page now. I
did not really want to delete it, because this would have completely deleted
the page including history.
Do we really want this ?

> > http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git/Pushing

Done.

> > http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git/KdeOnGit

Done.

> > I can do that.
> > Should I use the "Delete" link or something else ?
>
> Yes, please delete, just check the Further Resources are on the new page.
>
> Also delete:
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git/BestPractices

Done.

> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git/Intermediate

Done.

> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git/kde-qt

Sure ?

> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git/decoding-git
>
> > I could merge the one item from
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git/Recipes into
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Git/Recipes and remove the former
> > one.
>
> Delete that without copying, the workflow still needs to be decided and
> documented, and cherry-picking and branches already have recipes.

Not done yet. The page Tutorials/Git/Recipes seems to be a bit more verbose
than the paragraph on the other page.

> > What about the git-svn page ? I guess this one is ok, or ?
>
> Keep that and the Basics page for now, I'll harvest them later.
>
> > I can also add the extra links from the original Tutorials/Git/ page to
> > the new starting page, so they don't get lost.
>
> That would be good, thanks.

Done.

> > So, if you want me to do that, please let me know.
> >
> > Other than that, I don't feel qualified to actually edit content there.
>
> Neither do I, but no-one else was doing it, so me it was :-)

So, whoever has a plan of git, please help and write some documentation on
using git for KDE !

Alex