Empty merges per release

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 27 22:54:11 BST 2011

On Wednesday 27 Apr 2011 19:59:05 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> I mean, I can help with simple things.
>
> If we agree that the following pages should be gone
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git/Pushing
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git/KdeOnGit
> I can do that.
> Should I use the "Delete" link or something else ?

Yes, please delete, just check the Further Resources are on the new page.

Also delete:

http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git/BestPractices
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git/Intermediate
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git/kde-qt
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git/decoding-git

> I could merge the one item from
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git/Recipes into
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Git/Recipes and remove the former one.

Delete that without copying, the workflow still needs to be decided and
documented, and cherry-picking and branches already have recipes.

> What about the git-svn page ? I guess this one is ok, or ?

Keep that and the Basics page for now, I'll harvest them later.

> I can also add the extra links from the original Tutorials/Git/ page to the
> new starting page, so they don't get lost.

That would be good, thanks.

> So, if you want me to do that, please let me know.
>
> Other than that, I don't feel qualified to actually edit content there.

Neither do I, but no-one else was doing it, so me it was :-)

John.