libtagaro -> kdereview [-> kdegames]

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Thu Apr 21 20:50:02 BST 2011

Hi,

On Thursday 21 Apr 2011 15:50:12 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 21 April 2011, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > what is the technical procedure for moving libtagaro.git to kdereview?
> > I think sysadmins need be informed, and hope that those are reading
> > here.
>
> Any chance it could get a name which makes you kind of understand what it
> is ? libkdegames was clear, and since the "it must have a K" is gone, we
> have more and more stuff with weird names which say absolutely nothing to
> somebody who is not involved.
>
> How about simply libkdegames2 ?
> (e.g. libpng, libjpeg, libz, libxml2, etc. are also quite "boring" names,
> but you get an idea what they are good for)

+1.

I agree with these sentiments and voiced a similar concern previously. Names
should be descriptive and "boring", not artsy. Someone on Freenode's #perl
once said that he likes the fact that in Perl's CPAN, most packages are given
boring names such as XML-Parser, CGI, XML-LibXML, Text-Table, Config-IniFiles,
etc. whereas in Ruby-land they have artsy names that do not describe their use
such as Nokogiri, jesus, god (%-)) , etc.

So I suggest giving it a more boring and descriptive name before inclusion.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish