libtagaro -> kdereview [-> kdegames]

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Apr 21 13:50:12 BST 2011

Hi,

On Thursday 21 April 2011, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what is the technical procedure for moving libtagaro.git to kdereview?
> I think sysadmins need be informed, and hope that those are reading
> here.

Any chance it could get a name which makes you kind of understand what it is ?
libkdegames was clear, and since the "it must have a K" is gone, we have more
and more stuff with weird names which say absolutely nothing to somebody who
is not involved.

How about simply libkdegames2 ?
(e.g. libpng, libjpeg, libz, libxml2, etc. are also quite "boring" names, but
you get an idea what they are good for)

> I conclude my explanations with a braindump of what needs to be done:
> * TagaroAudio falls back to Phonon when OpenAL is not available, but
> the Phonon backend is not yet implemented. (Mathias Kraus of Granatier
> helps with that.)
> * No CMake find-script etc. is installed at the moment. AFAIK it would
> be best to include this with the rest of the kdegames module. Also, it
> is probably not state-of-the-art to detect libsndfile through
> pkgconfig. Granatier has a FindSndfile.cmake which I plan to copy.

I'll have a look at this on Monday or so.

Alex