Fwd: User bus conclusion

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Sat Nov 13 14:03:37 GMT 2010

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Same thing about kwallet: when saving a new password, does it really read
> in all of the old contents? Or does it try to save from memory, from when
> the wallet was opened?
>
> More importantly: if this is a use-case that we support, is there anyone
> thinking of cases like the above and fixing them?

KWalletD in a second session will read the kwl file on disk and write
changes back with a small delay. When the file changes, the kwl file is re-
read iirc. So it SHOULD work but it's not elegant at all.

>From a storage of secrets point of view a user bus feels more natural but it
does have the problem of having to figure out how to present the user with
password input dialogs. I guess that might actually be a big problem for
every D-Bus daemon which needs to present some UI to the user. Would that be
solvable?

Regards,
Michael