User bus conclusion

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Wed Nov 10 09:37:57 GMT 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 12:29 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> D-Bus community is proposing to do away with the session bus and replace it
> with a user bus. Long story short, this means that multiple logins of the same
> user are not allowed by construction.

What I would really like, and please excuse me if I'm wrong, as my
knowledge of D-Bus is limited:

Built-in network transparency. As far as I know, D-Bus does not
support networking by itself, but needs some help for doing it. I
never understood why it's not in there, in the first place.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, Software Engineer at KO GmbH