Issues with Solid from trunk and qtcreator 2.0.1...

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Thu Nov 4 21:24:02 GMT 2010

On Thursday 4 November 2010 18:58:09 Dawit A wrote:
> BTW, I noticed a couple of things in UDisksManager that I want to ask
> about... The first issue is why does a device that has its
> "DeviceIsOpticalDisc" property set to true inserted into the
> m_deviceCache 2x, once normally and once with ":media" attached to it
> ? The second issue is why even bother with doing that in the first
> place ? I mean check for that property in allDevices() ? Why could not
> that check be done in slotDeviceAdded() ? That would save on the
> unnecessary creation and querying of temporary UDisksDevice objects
> for every single device that was enumerated, which ends up with
> expensive dbus calls everytime ?

You should really bring up this kind of questions on kde-hardware-devel.
Anyway, the idea is that we want the tree to have drives and then volumes as
children under those drives. That's not the way UDisks behave, so we have to
compensate there by inserting an extra "faked" device under the drive.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net