DocBook XML & XSL: work in progess, new dependencies

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sat May 1 19:35:24 BST 2010

On Saturday 01 May 2010, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently working (with Albert) to remove the embedded copies of
> DocBook XML and XSL (http://www.docbook.org/) from kdelibs/kdoctools. This
> change (if accepted) will introduce two new dependencies (see below).
> I plan to complete this task before SC 4.5 will be released, but I won't be
> able to commit all the changes before the dependency freeze.
> Any comments/remarks?

Only "Halbwissen" (half knowledge ?) here:

back in the early KDE 2 days getting that SGML and docbook stuff working was a
major PITA, nothing worked, stuff had to be patched, etc. Then something was
changed, and suddenly it just worked.
I suspect that this change may have been to include these embedded copies in
kdelibs.

With this change, will we stay at the "it just works" level ?

Is this the package I need for slackware ?
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/slackware/slackware-13.0/slackware/ap/linuxdoc-tools-0.9.56-i486-5.txt
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/slackware/slackware-13.0/slackware/ap/linuxdoc-tools-0.9.56-i486-5.txz

Alex