DocBook XML & XSL: work in progess, new dependencies

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat May 1 19:46:42 BST 2010

A Dissabte, 1 de maig de 2010, Alexander Neundorf va escriure:
> On Saturday 01 May 2010, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm currently working (with Albert) to remove the embedded copies of
> > DocBook XML and XSL (http://www.docbook.org/) from kdelibs/kdoctools.
> > This change (if accepted) will introduce two new dependencies (see
> > below). I plan to complete this task before SC 4.5 will be released, but
> > I won't be able to commit all the changes before the dependency freeze.

> > Any comments/remarks?
>
> Only "Halbwissen" (half knowledge ?) here:
>
> back in the early KDE 2 days getting that SGML and docbook stuff working
> was a major PITA, nothing worked, stuff had to be patched, etc. Then
> something was changed, and suddenly it just worked.
> I suspect that this change may have been to include these embedded copies
> in kdelibs.

Embedded copies are evil, they get outdated and we don't get fixes of upstream
because noone knows what in there is ours and what is not, that's why Luigi is
working on extracting what is really "out stuff" from the regular docbook
stuff, so we both benefit from upstream fixes and really know what special
changes we have.

Albert