DocBook XML & XSL: work in progess, new dependencies

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Sat May 1 16:34:36 BST 2010

On Saturday, May 01, 2010 10:24:37 Luigi Toscano wrote:
> 2) Remove DocBooc XSL from kdocbook/docbook/xsl, move customizations to
> kdoctools/customizaton. This step will introduce a dependency on DocBook
> XSL, which are again packaged on many distributions.

> customizations that have been directly made to kdoctools/docbook/xsl/ must
> be properly identified and moved to the proper place.
>
> Please consider that those changes should not touch the "core" kdelibs at
> all; only the generation of docbook will be affected.
>
> Any comments/remarks?

I will say that when I was trying to improve the generated HTML docs that I
ended up having to touch the DocBook XSL instead of making a customization. If
you can figure out how to make the changes a straight subimplementation of the
base DocBook XSL then more power to you. =D

I think it's definitely a good idea.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne