sprint opportunity

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Mar 30 20:51:06 BST 2010

On Tuesday 30 March 2010, Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> our friends from Nokia offered us to host and sponsor a sprint in Oslo
> about KDE/Qt on Symbian phones.
>
> So if anyone is interested in organizing a sprint please contact me so that
> we can coordinate this.
>

> I think this could be interesting for Plasma, Games, Edu or something else.

Also cmake needs some work for Symbian support (there are currently patches in
the cmake bug tracker for Symbian support).
But I'm not sure I would have enough vacation days left for this this year.
Actually, wouldn't such a sprint not just make sense once cmake properly
supports Symbian ?

I mean, right now we cannot build anything for Symbian.
The relevant bug report is this one:

There are two issues:
* adding a mmp/Carbide generator to cmake
* adding a regular Makefile-based generator for Symbian to cmake

Any help is welcome.

Alex