sprint opportunity

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Tue Mar 30 14:57:28 BST 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 15:20, Frank Karlitschek <karlitschek at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> our friends from Nokia offered us to host and sponsor a sprint in Oslo about KDE/Qt on Symbian phones.
>
> So if anyone is interested in organizing a sprint please contact me so that we can coordinate this.
>

> I think this could be interesting for Plasma, Games, Edu or something else.
>

> Cheers
> Frank

Very interesting indeed.

I've been developing a non-KDE Qt S60 app recently to gain some
experience with the platform (or should I say *not* with the platform
thanks to the awesomeness that is Qt).

There is work being done in Amarok to separate GUI and logic for the
same reason.

Meanwhile the KDE-maemo effort has produced a working stripped kdelibs
for that platform already, but on S60 it's not yet functional.

My main goal is S60 (leading to Symbian^3 and Symbian^4) because of
it's market share. I also happen to have a Nokia 5800 (the tube) where
I miss some of the quality and features I enjoy on the desktop.

So, yeah. A sprint with some of the Qt experts there would do wonders
to progress.

Any dates proposed? My preference is to late this year, preferably
over a long weekend.

Bart

P.S. kde-maemo will be interested in this as well me thinks.