KRemoteControl moved to kdereview

Michael Zanetti michael_zanetti at gmx.net
Fri Mar 12 19:03:36 GMT 2010

On Friday 12 March 2010 19:36:06 Christoph Feck wrote:
> On Friday 12 March 2010 18:54:17 Michael Zanetti wrote:
> > I have moved KRemoteControl to kdereview.
>
> Thanks for your work on it. Is it possible to enable some fake remote
> control? I would like to test the user interface, but since all buttons
> are disabled, I cannot invoke any dialog.

There is no fake backend for solid currently.

However, you can setup lircd to listen to a serial port interface without
having a receiver actually attached. After installing, just copy a config file
from /usr/share/lirc/remotes/ to /etc/lircd and start the daemon. AFAIK there
is no easy way to produce button presses withouth hardware.

I will look into the other issues asap. Have to leave now...

Thanks for your comments,
Michael