KRemoteControl moved to kdereview

Christoph Feck christoph at maxiom.de
Fri Mar 12 18:36:06 GMT 2010

On Friday 12 March 2010 18:54:17 Michael Zanetti wrote:
> I have moved KRemoteControl to kdereview.

Thanks for your work on it. Is it possible to enable some fake remote control?
I would like to test the user interface, but since all buttons are disabled, I
cannot invoke any dialog.

Some points I noticed from quickly looking at it:

* Inconsistent casing of UI strings, e.g. you have "Action" and "action" used
intermixed.

* I never liked the fact that it installs its profiles into "DATADIR/profiles"
directory. I would suggest to use either a subdirectory, e.g.
"DATADIR/kremotecontrol/profiles", or just a different name, e.g.
"DATADIR/remotecontrols". I think there was another different application that
just installed stuff into the "profiles" directory, but not sure.

* Qt includes should take the form <QtModule/QClass>, I think there are issues
on Mac otherwise.

* Regarding icons, is the devices-infrared-remote part of Oxygen? Having the
icons named "ox" installs them into the oxygen folder. Should probably be "hi"
for "highcolor"?

* Issues with trailing white space in source files (there are also other style
issues, but I think kdeutils isn't as strict as kdelibs...)

* The old version had some messages/warnings for the infrared daemon, and
there was also an icon in systray. I no longer get the icon, despite the kded
settings says the daemon is started, and the related checkbox in the remote
settings is checked. In other words, I miss any indication why I cannot click
on any of the buttons in the kcm.

Christoph Feck (kdepepo)