KRemoteControl moved to kdereview

Michael Zanetti michael_zanetti at gmx.net
Sat Mar 13 19:26:11 GMT 2010

On Friday 12 March 2010 19:36:06 Christoph Feck wrote:
> * Inconsistent casing of UI strings, e.g. you have "Action" and "action"
> used intermixed.
>
> * I never liked the fact that it installs its profiles into
> "DATADIR/profiles" directory. I would suggest to use either a
> subdirectory, e.g.
> "DATADIR/kremotecontrol/profiles", or just a different name, e.g.
> "DATADIR/remotecontrols". I think there was another different application
> that just installed stuff into the "profiles" directory, but not sure.

I stumbled over that too some time ago. But decided to leave it because noone
complained about it for the whole kdelirc lifetime. Anyways, I have moved it
to DATADIR/kremotecontrol/profiles as I too think its better.

> * Qt includes should take the form <QtModule/QClass>, I think there are
> issues on Mac otherwise.
>
> * Regarding icons, is the devices-infrared-remote part of Oxygen? Having
> the icons named "ox" installs them into the oxygen folder. Should probably
> be "hi" for "highcolor"?

I have moved them to highcolor now and will request real oxygen icons. Is
creating an open document sheet in playground/artwork/Oxygen/docs/ sufficient or
do I need to announce that somewhere?

> * Issues with trailing white space in source files (there are also other
> style issues, but I think kdeutils isn't as strict as kdelibs...)
>
> * The old version had some messages/warnings for the infrared daemon, and
> there was also an icon in systray. I no longer get the icon, despite the
> kded settings says the daemon is started, and the related checkbox in the
> remote settings is checked. In other words, I miss any indication why I
> cannot click on any of the buttons in the kcm.

Should all be fixed now.

Cheers,
Michael