Git Migration Needs YOU!

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Mar 2 22:43:34 GMT 2010

On March 2, 2010, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 01.03.10 14:45:44, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> > > I guess you mean in-sufficiently here.

> > > Any suggestions where to put or structure it?
> >
> > i've started a really simple outline here:
> > 	http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/MoveToGit/UsingSvn2Git
> >
> > and linked to it from:
> >
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/MovetoGit#Write_.2F_update_importing_rul
> > es_for_svn2git
> >
> > feel free to completely mangle the UsingSvn2Git page in any way you see
> > fit :)
>
> Hmm, I think I've added everything I know now to that page. But I think
> it would make sense to split it into two sub-pages now...

personally, i think it's convenient to have it all on one page. if it really
gets out of hand we can start splitting it up, but keeping it simple (one page
to point people to) is handy.

thanks so much for fleshing out this page! hopefully others can help fill in
the missing details.

i'm on day 2 of waiting for the rsync to be done :/ it's a lot of data to
move.

> Also the part about the recurse-action is empty as I don't understand
> what this is meant for/how it works. I've asked on kde-scm-interest on
> Sunday, but got no answer thus far.

hm.. hopefully someone in-the-know (thiago? :) can weigh in on this.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se