Git Migration Needs YOU!

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Mar 2 21:53:55 GMT 2010

On 01.03.10 14:45:44, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On March 1, 2010, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > >
> > > yes, this is the key issue, isn't it?
> > >
> > > here's the problem though: it is documented sufficiently.
> >
> > I guess you mean in-sufficiently here.
> >
> > > there are wiki pages on gitorious.org that are not linked to anywhere,
> > > there is next to no information about how long it will take, what i
> > > should be looking for to know i've ahieved success (and what "success"
> > > is). essentially, i have no way of knowing how to get started, how to
> > > target a specific module or how to know i've done something useful.
> > >
> > > this must be fixed ASAFP. can someone who has done one of the other
> > > modules please document the process completely and thoroughly on
> > > techbase (NOT gitorious.org!) so that others can help out?
> >
> > Any suggestions where to put or structure it?
>
> i've started a really simple outline here:
>
> 	http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/MoveToGit/UsingSvn2Git
>
> and linked to it from:
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/MovetoGit#Write_.2F_update_importing_rules_for_svn2git
>
> feel free to completely mangle the UsingSvn2Git page in any way you see fit :)

Hmm, I think I've added everything I know now to that page. But I think
it would make sense to split it into two sub-pages now...

Also the part about the recurse-action is empty as I don't understand
what this is meant for/how it works. I've asked on kde-scm-interest on
Sunday, but got no answer thus far.

Andreas

--
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.