kiris's jdns

Marc Espie espie at nerim.net
Wed Jun 23 12:53:14 BST 2010

Are there plans to de-duplicate kiris, which is currently both in kdegames
and kdenetwork ?

Not only is jdns a disgusting hack which uses internal resolver structures
which are not actually documented nor meant to be exposed to the outside
world (gee, I wonder why this starts with an _ !), but kopete and ksirc
don't even use the same version of that disgusting hack (kopete is missing
the NETBSD defines in 4.4.4, which means the patch I had to write to make
it compile on OpenBSD does not even apply without changes).