qca2 and a few other questions

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Thu Jun 24 13:36:21 BST 2010

Marc Espie wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 01:13:21PM +0200, Michael Leupold wrote:
>> Am 23.06.2010 12:18, schrieb Marc Espie:
>> >qca2 is causing me woes.
>> >
>> >Specifically, the latest version as a crypto.prf file that sets up
>> >QCA_INCDIR such that the include actually lives in
>> >$(QCA_INCDIR)/QtCrypto/qca.h
>> >
>> >Seems that parts of kde4 (for instance, kde games / ksirc) expect it
>> >to live in $(QCA_INCDIR)/qca.h, which leads to trouble.
>> >
>> >Who's right ? should I change qca2 to define QCA_INCDIR properly, or
>> >should
>> >I patch #include<qca.h>  ->  #include<QtCrypto/qca.h>  in kdegames ?
>>
>> I've only been working with QCA a bit but afaict #include
>> <QtCrypto/QtCrypto> is correct. QCA is modeled to look a bit like
>> the Qt modules in that regard. So the former variant should be
>> correct.
>>
>> However I'm not sure why this builds on other platforms. Do you have
>> an example of a file that lacks the QtCrypto?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Michael
> In kde 4.4., some of iris/xmpp
>
> For instance,
> kdegames/ksirc/ksirc/iris/src/xmpp/xmpp-core/securestream.h has this
> by default:
>
> #include <qca.h>
> #include "bytestream.h"

I just rechecked and guess my previous statement was erroneous. Checking my
CMakeCache.txt files FindQCA2.cmake seems to set QCA2_INCLUDE_DIR to the
QtCrypto subdirectory, so it seems #include <QtCrypto/*> is wrong. Sorry for
that.

The right way to use qca would therefore be adding QCA2_INCLUDE_DIR to the
include directories and using:
#include <QtCrypto>
(see the first comment in qca.h)

Regards,