RFC: On-demand package installation API in kdelibs

Martin Sandsmark sandsmark at samfundet.no
Wed Jul 28 22:17:16 BST 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 05:08:34PM -0400, todd rme wrote:
> I don't think it would be silent, either.  I think it would tell the
> user what is being installed, perhaps with the above-mentioned
> legality warning, and have one button to allow the installation and
> one to refuse it.  I suppose there could also be a way for the user to
> get more information, like exactly what capabilities would be added.

Well, then we're back to the to the "training users to click through
warnings".

And there's also the question about the source of these packages, since AFAIK
most of these distros don't carry the uncrippled multimedia packages in their
official repositories. So silent installation of packages from arbitrary
repositories without any verification?

--
Martin Sandsmark
:wq