Opposition to removing old KWin themes?

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Jul 27 11:14:30 BST 2010

On Tuesday 27 of July 2010, nuno pinheiro wrote:
> Lubus will that reduce the number of kwin styles in default view to say 5?

 Despite the thread subject, this kde-core-devel discussion is actually about
the widget styles, not kwin styles.

> If so great I have complete trust in you guys to pick 5 good ones, the ones
> i care about would be oxygen ofcourse :), plastic as I still find it
> polished, clean and modern, and Auroare for all the great flexibility it
> provides, on the old ones ... quartz seams prettier than Redmond I really
> have a hard time expressing an opinion on the remaining ones. :)

 Oxygen, Plastik and Aurorae are staying in kdebase. Something lighter will
stay too and probably some of the specials (BII, Laptop). The rest will be
moved to kdeartwork and will be there as long as somebody cares about them
enough for them to compile, I will not actively prevent people from using
them if they want. And Martin is testing some new secret plan for the config
dialog that I need to find out about :).

 And I don't want to remove way too many options from the default selection.
As far as I'm concerned, it's still better to get a selection with some
choice that I don't like if there's one I do like rather than get just 3
options where I like none and need to go to great length to get more.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 openSUSE Boosters team, KDE developer
 l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org