Opposition to removing old KWin themes?

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 11:12:40 BST 2010

On Saturday 24 July 2010 11:14:57 nuno pinheiro wrote:
> On Friday 23 July 2010 23:02:25 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > A Divendres, 23 de juliol de 2010, Leo Savernik va escriure:
> > >
> > > You sound as if KDE were shipped with Redmond theme turned on by default.
> > > Enabling the user to configure his system butt ugly but blazingly fast
> > > does not contradict elegance in any way.
>
> OOO but it does IMO. wen you present such an uncohesive list of ugly options
> that says alot about your overall elegance.
> I hate to sound like my wife wen I leave home poorly dressed, but the way we
> present ourself as a huge impact in this fast consuming low attention span
> world, the impact is of the worst kind and stands as a huge first entry level
> barrier that translate in something like this to "Joe facebook"  user "this
> guys are clueless and I don't want to be like them" i might also note that we
> have loads of such problems across KDE and this is not the worst case, but if
> we truly want a elegant polished desktop we need to start doing that,
> providing an overall polished experience were no detail is left to chance.

For what it's worth, I'm with Nuno here. Something like having a window being too small on startup might not be an issue for anyone on this list - but it is to quite a few users, and does give a bad impression. Such polish matters probably more than having ECMA scripting in apps, no matter how cool - that's a for-1%-users-feature after all...