Opposition to removing old KWin themes?

nuno pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Sat Jul 24 10:14:57 BST 2010

On Friday 23 July 2010 23:02:25 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Divendres, 23 de juliol de 2010, Leo Savernik va escriure:
> > Am Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2010 22:12 schrieb Marco Martin:
> > > there could be either a flat mode in oxygen (already is, can be
> > > configured) or -one- of the old ones can be left in place.
> > > but right now, the -real- motivation is simply this:
> > > shipping something that looks outdated like that gives a really bad
> > > image of kde.
> >
> > You sound as if KDE were shipped with Redmond theme turned on by default.
> > Enabling the user to configure his system butt ugly but blazingly fast
> > does not contradict elegance in any way.

OOO but it does IMO. wen you present such an uncohesive list of ugly options
that says alot about your overall elegance.
I hate to sound like my wife wen I leave home poorly dressed, but the way we
present ourself as a huge impact in this fast consuming low attention span
world, the impact is of the worst kind and stands as a huge first entry level
barrier that translate in something like this to "Joe facebook"  user "this
guys are clueless and I don't want to be like them" i might also note that we
have loads of such problems across KDE and this is not the worst case, but if
we truly want a elegant polished desktop we need to start doing that,
providing an overall polished experience were no detail is left to chance.

cheers

--
oxygen guy, "I make the pretty pictures"