Moving the proxy model test suite to kdesupport?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jul 15 18:10:52 BST 2010

On 15.07.10 18:58:23, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 15.07.10 18:31:20, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> > So apart from policy, are there other technical reasons preventing the
> > installation of this stuff?
>
> If you install library+headers it would be nice to also define a cmake
> variable that people can use. This should be easy enough by producing a
> cmake KDE4ProxyModelTestConfig.cmake file that sets up an import target
> pointing to the library and the include-dir. Makes it a lot easier for
> people using the library, they don't have to write lots of cmake code to
> find the headers and library.
>
> Other than that I can't see any technical problems.

Oh, just one thing came to my mind: What should packagers do with it? If
its packaged you'll have to care about BC at least as much as increasing
the library soversion each time a release of kdelibs including the
library breaks BC with a former release. If its not packaged than app
developers will have to fetch kdelibs sources, build them and install
them alongside their kdelibs packages, then try to link their tests
against it properly.

Andreas

--
You possess a mind not merely twisted, but actually sprained.