Moving the proxy model test suite to kdesupport?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jul 15 17:58:23 BST 2010

On 15.07.10 18:31:20, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> >> The tests are currently inside kdelibs. I don't intend to change that.
> >>
> >> I only intend to add install() lines so that application developers can
> >> use the library to debug their applications.
> >
> > If you install something as part of kdelibs you're bound by the kdelibs
> > rules wrt. bc etc. AFAIK.
>
> Maybe it's time for us to decide if we should have exceptions to that if
> it's only build when building unit tests, not useful to link to and has
> headers installed to .../private/... ?

Yeap, maybe it is, but that'll need more input from other developers and
possibly it would be better to raise this in a separate thread?

> It's just not easy enough for people to use with me sitting next to them.
> It's not a case of bragging.

Ok.

> So apart from policy, are there other technical reasons preventing the
> installation of this stuff?

If you install library+headers it would be nice to also define a cmake
variable that people can use. This should be easy enough by producing a
cmake KDE4ProxyModelTestConfig.cmake file that sets up an import target
pointing to the library and the include-dir. Makes it a lot easier for
people using the library, they don't have to write lots of cmake code to
find the headers and library.

Other than that I can't see any technical problems.

Andreas

--
Life is to you a dashing and bold adventure.