New script in kdesdk/scripts: reviewboarddiff

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Mon Jul 12 11:23:09 BST 2010

On 10/07/2010 02:00, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
>> Following a request from the GIT BoF at Akademy, I added my
>> reviewboarddiff script to kdesdk/scripts. It makes it possible to
>> generate reviewboard compatible diffs from a git-svn repository.
>
> Um... what doesn't work? I use post-review all the time to generate
> review requests from a git-svn environment. (You do need to commit your
> changes to !master first, but that's really not a bad habit to get into
> anyway. Plus then you can use --guess-description and friends.)

I assumed before that it would not work with git-svn, only plain svn or
git repositories, so I just gave it a try.

I wanted to only output a diff so I ran it like this:

post-review -n --username <my-svn-username>

It failed to connect to svn. It asked for a password which is not
necessary, since authentication is done via ssh keys. It is highly
possible I am not using the tool correctly. It looks handy, but I think
reviewboarddiff would still be useful as a simpler alternative, with
less constraints than post-review.

Aurélien