Help should fit in a 80 columns terminal

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Jan 30 23:50:07 GMT 2010

A Diumenge, 31 de gener de 2010, Alain Portal va escriure:
> Le samedi 30 janvier 2010 01:51:07, vous avez écrit :

> > > Am I alone to be worry with this?
> >
> > No, Pino gave you some ideas and help.
>
> ONE idea, and no help.

What did you expect? that developers find your particular problem to be their
number one priority, stop doing everything they were doing and fix it? It
seems probably noone thinks the problem is as serious as you think it is (not
saying who is right)

> > So what's the problem?  We assume when someone posts
> > a question like yours to this mailing list that you are also
> > volunteering to do the work.  So just Do it, then post
> > your patch on reviewboard.kde.org.
>
> Are you serious?
> I'm a translator, not a developer...
> I first posted this « problem » on the french translation list.
> I was told « Post on kde-18n-doc ».
> So, a new subscription needed...
> I subcribed and posted on kde-18n-doc list, where Albert said « For policy
> discussion kde-core-devel is preferred ».
> So, a new subscription needed... :-(
> I subcribed and posted and I was told I need to be a developper????

Again the problem is no developer seems to care about it enough to fix it, so
the remaining options are:
 a) You fix it yourself (what Allen is suggesting)
 b) You convince someone to fix it
 c) It stays like it is

Sorry if you think this is a "crude" answer but reality this is.

Albert