Sun Raster support

Troy Unrau troy.unrau at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 00:52:34 GMT 2010

Heya,

On 28 January 2010 15:19, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> A Dijous, 28 de gener de 2010, Troy Unrau va escriure:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I just pushed my first commit into kdelibs, a rather innocent one at
>> that. In the kimgio directory you'll find support for a new format,
>> Sun Raster format. I pushed the files there, but haven't touch
>> CMakeLists.txt yet because I'd like a few people to beat up on it.
>> Attached are some test images. If folks are happy, let me know, and I
>> or someone can add it to the build.
>>
>> Feedback is certainly welcome.
>
> My feedback is that you skipped the kdereview stage of the process.

Is there a doc or something online about this process. I haven't
committed any real code since pre-4.0 (mostly been doing that
marketing shtick), and I'm not fully sure of all the current
processes. If no docs exist, can you let me know what I did wrong
here? I'll blog about it so that other people don't repeat my mistakes
:)

> Besides that, you should not be using setPixel as it's slow, use scanLines for
> better performance.
>
> Also it seems to me you should return false in LoadRAS if none of the ifs
> matched?

I'll poke at this on the weekend to see if I can improve it. I tried
was less than a second - I guess it was fast enough that I didn't
think there was a yet speedier way :)

Cheers

--
Troy Unrau, B.Sc.G.Sc.(Hons.)
Planetary sciences M.Sc. candidate - University of Western Ontario