KGlobalAccel notifications

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jan 28 09:50:05 GMT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Aurélien Gâteau at 28/01/10 08:27 did gyre and gimble:
> I think the danger with global shortcuts is when the user triggers them
> unintentionally. In the case of KMix, having it associating global
> shortcuts to volume up/down and mute keys should not surprise the user.
> Same with a media player associating shortcuts to media keys.
> It is less obvious when other applications start registering shortcuts
> like shift+alt+h or ctrl+k,ctrl+u. In this case I would say it is up to
> the application to ensure that the user can identify the origin of the
> triggered action, for example by showing a time-limited notification. In
> fact this is quite similar to what KMix does when you adjust the volume.

Yeah I agree here. With the PulseAudio support in Kmix the notifications
are coming in with every new application that plays sound (due to
per-app volume control), so it's quite invasive.

Glad Michael has disabled this again :)

Col

/me is almost ready to merge his work now... should hopefully finish it
of this weekend if time permits.

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie