[Kde-games-devel] moved Kajongg from playground to kdereview

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Feb 23 10:10:07 GMT 2010

On 22.02.10 20:21:19, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> it probably use KGameCanvas.
> why there's a KGameCanvas when there's QGraphicsView around?
> I do understand that it was because in the pre kde4 days, QGV was buggy,
> but now it isn't that ( and plasma relies heavly on it ).

But replacing a working canvas system with something vastly different is
not only a big task, it also means introducing tons of new bugs. The saying
"never change a running system" also applies to software. If it works well
enough there needs to be much more reason than just "QGV exists and works"
to replace the existing canvas system. And of course somebody has to stand
up to do it ;)

Andreas

--
You may be recognized soon.  Hide.