Rekonq default

Markus kamikazow at web.de
Sat Feb 20 16:59:13 GMT 2010

Am Samstag 20 Februar 2010 17:04:23 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:

> (i also think that "rekonq" should get a slightly less geek-jargon name. =)

Actually a name change is a recurring topic. Personally, I despise the Rekonq
name, because of its "Reconquista" connection  (as in "Holy war of Christians
against Muslims" -- not really representing the FOSS spirit...).
That said, a new name is far down the development agenda.

My personal suggestion once was to use the name of some mythological dragon,
because I find Rekonq's dragon icon so cool. ;-)

Anyway...
Are all those mails any indication that the debaters here will actually help
Rekonq and/or KDEWebKit?
If yes, help make the final 0.4 release possible very soon, help in the
kdereview phase and help make it into a proper Extragear application.

If this happens very soon, there is even a chance to make it the default
browser in openSUSE 11.3 (current default is Firefox with a small helper app
to make FF use Plasma notifications, KFileDialogs, and the "correct" button
order).

Then have a look at http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/rekonq/Roadmap and help
implement those features.