Rekonq default

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sat Feb 20 15:01:56 GMT 2010

Frank Karlitschek skrev:
> What do you think?

I tried using rekonq some months ago, but gave up again quite fast, mostly
because it lacks some KHTML killer features: the ability to turn off
animations, and ad filtering.

Another missing feature in rekonq was java - or is it only secure java? Secure
java is about the only reason I keep firefox around, having that in a KDE
browser would be just awsome! (hint hint..)

The rekonq version installed here is lacking support for web shortcuts, that
is a must for me to accept it as my default browser.

Some shortcuts should be set to common defaults, like F6 to focus the address
line and select all text there, and ESC to stop loading.

Finally, some form of extension interface is needed, so that extensions can be
ported/added.

--
Kind regards,
Anders