Rekonq default

Markus kamikazow at web.de
Sat Feb 20 15:14:44 GMT 2010

Am Samstag 20 Februar 2010 16:01:56 schrieb Anders Lund:

> I tried using rekonq some months ago, but gave up again quite fast, mostly
> because it lacks some KHTML killer features: the ability to turn off
> animations, and ad filtering.

Rekonq 0.4 + Qt 4.6 has adblocking.

> Another missing feature in rekonq was java - or is it only secure java?

Rekonq 0.4 + Qt 4.6 supports plugins -- Java, too.

> The rekonq version installed here is lacking support for web shortcuts,
> that is a must for me to accept it as my default browser.

Rekonq uses Konqueror's web shortcuts KCM.

> Some shortcuts should be set to common defaults, like F6 to focus the
> address line and select all text there, and ESC to stop loading.

That should be easily fixable.

> Finally, some form of extension interface is needed, so that extensions can
> be ported/added.

In the future likely Mozilla's JetPack API will be supported.

Rekonq's team still only wants to be an Extragear app (at least for the time
being).

Markus