About remove nfs filesharing support

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 15:57:49 GMT 2010

As for a quick lookup, it seems KDE has no (kauth driven or not) GUI to
configure nfs, therefore:
-> Could the nfs filesharing stuff (i assume it only read/writes to /etc/fstab
& /etc/exports, possibly to /etc/hosts.allow) be (easily) converted into a
"configure nfs" GUI?

- tbh:
i'd not let some GUI write to /etc/hosts.allowed on my box ever, but i guess a
majority of "joe users" would proably appreciate such solution to avoid the
"geez... rtfm" ... "d'ohhh, 'man nfs'" loops - i went through back then ;-)

Cheers,
Thomas