About remove nfs filesharing support

Rodrigo Belém rclbelem at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 02:29:14 GMT 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> wrote:

> Thanks! :)
>
> If I understand it correctly it replaces some of the Samba related handling
> from the UI with some sort of sambashare handling code somewhere else.

Yup, all the main code are in ksambashare*

> Additionally it removes all NFS related code.
>
> How about moving all Samba UI to a new module and renaming the old one so it
> explicitly is for NFS. this could then be put into a CMake build option
> section in case it doesn't build or work correctly.

Great idea :-) I will do that, but I need some help with the ui. Do we
have designers/"usability experts" around? :-)

> From your original I take that Samba shares can be done without elevated
> priviledges? Or is this somehow covered by this samba share code referenced in
> this UI parts?

You can share files without root privileges and all the main code
lives in kio/kio/ksambashare*

> One code level nitpick: use of magic UID number 1000. In case this is some
> kind of standard there is certainly a header specifying a constant/macro for
> it. If not this looks kind of operating system or maybe even vendor specific.

This number needs to be discovered, but I hardcoded it just to get it
working :-)