About remove nfs filesharing support

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Dec 28 16:05:43 GMT 2010

On Tuesday, 2010-12-28, Rodrigo Belém wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 10:19 AM, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>
wrote:

> >> Well, we should not remove any feature imho, but maybe we can improve
> >> it.
> >>
> >> If the code needs root maybe we can port the current code to KAuth so we
> >> have a modern way of doing it.
> >
> > In any case discussing a patch without the actual patch at hand is
> > totally pointless.
>
> Here is the patch :-)

Thanks! :)

If I understand it correctly it replaces some of the Samba related handling
from the UI with some sort of sambashare handling code somewhere else.
Additionally it removes all NFS related code.

How about moving all Samba UI to a new module and renaming the old one so it
explicitly is for NFS. this could then be put into a CMake build option
section in case it doesn't build or work correctly.

From your original I take that Samba shares can be done without elevated
priviledges? Or is this somehow covered by this samba share code referenced in
this UI parts?

One code level nitpick: use of magic UID number 1000. In case this is some
kind of standard there is certainly a header specifying a constant/macro for
it. If not this looks kind of operating system or maybe even vendor specific.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring