Large mouse cursors - Wish/Bug No. 90444

Gerold Jens Wucherpfennig gjwucherpfennig at gmx.net
Tue Dec 21 07:53:11 GMT 2010

Hi all,

I've looked into the code of gnome-settings-daemon.
gnome-settings-daemon runs every time you use GNOME.
gnome-settings-daemon monitors gconf.
Whenever something changes in gconf the settings daemon
changes the gnome settings.

In gconf at /desktop/gnome/peripherals/mouse/cursor_size
the size of the mouse cursor pointer is determined.
In the sources of gnome-settings-daemon in
plugins/font/gsd-font-manager.c there is the code to change
the size of the mouse cursor pointer.

It uses the Xlib function XChangeProperty to set the pointer size.

Now my question:
In which file/component of KDEBASE may I add such a function
to implement that feature?

I'm looking forward to reading from you.

With Kind Regards,
Gerold