Large mouse cursors - Wish/Bug No. 90444

Christoph Feck christoph at maxiom.de
Tue Dec 21 21:04:07 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 21 December 2010 08:53:11 Gerold Jens Wucherpfennig wrote:
> It uses the Xlib function XChangeProperty to set the pointer size.
>
> Now my question:
> In which file/component of KDEBASE may I add such a function
> to implement that feature?

All mouse/cursor code is in workspace/kcontrol/input, also check the xcursor
subdir there.

The call to change the cursor size is already there [1] (called from
startkde). What you would have to do is to:

1) find out why the feature got removed in KDE 4
2) check if the intention was to make the cursor size follow the icon size [2]
3) find out how the setting is/was passed to kapplymousetheme
4) add an option to the UI to allow changing the size

Fredrik Höglund wrote the Xcursor theme support, so he is probably the right
person to ask if you got stuck. Patches go to reviewboard, please :P

Christoph Feck (kdepepo)

[1]
http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kcontrol/input/kapplymousetheme.cpp#77
[2]