warning about kde component run-time dependencies

Andriy Rysin arysin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 23:32:54 BST 2010

2010/8/30 Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>

> On Sunday 29 August 2010, John Layt wrote:
> > On Thursday 26 August 2010 04:21:29 Andriy Rysin wrote:
> > > kcm_keyboard in 4.5 has new _run-time_ dependency on iso-codes,
> otherwise
> > > the language combo in 'add layout' dialog will show codes instead of
> > > (translated) language names.
> > > The question: is there a good/standard way to tell packagers about this
> > > dependency?
> > >
> > > Shall it be a check with warning in CMakeLists.txt to warn at compile
> > > time or is there something better?
>
> From a recent discussion on kde-buildsystem: put this into a
> README.packagers
> file.
> No need to check for runtime dependencies at buildtime.
>
> I could not find README.packagers anywhere in kdelibs/kdebase, is there a
"prior art"? :)
If no, where would I create such a file, at kdebase/ level, workspace/ or in
keyboard/ (first one seems would make most sense as packagers won't
necessary will be looking deep for READMEs) ?

Also is this file somehow will be known/read by CPack (if anybody is using
it to pack)?

Thanks,
Andriy