PlasmaKPart moved to kdereview

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Aug 13 15:28:39 BST 2010

On Friday, August 13, 2010, Richard Moore wrote:
> Note that the dpointer issues matter since people will have to link
> directly to the class to make use of the methods that are not standard
> kpart ones so binary compatibility would be needed. An alternative
> would be to use a KParts extension for these methods as khtml does,
> but it's not the case here.

there should be no public API offered by this kpart. so far we've been able
to design things in a way that makes this possible without introducing
 strange hacks to the users of the kpart.

there are some aspects of usage of the kpart that do need work; e.g. the
 createConfigurationInterface method needs to be rethought.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se