New dependency for kdelibs and kdebase: dbusmenu-qt

Markus kamikazow at web.de
Thu Apr 29 10:54:56 BST 2010

Am Donnerstag 29 April 2010 06:36:00 schrieb Ben Cooksley:
> It breaks applications such as KNetworkManager which depend on drawing
> the menu themselves. To fix it, if a QMenu has a widget inserted into
> it then the pre-dbusmenu-qt code path needs to be used....

If I'm not mistaken, KNetworkManager4 will bedeprecated in time for SC 4.5
anyway and replaced with the revived NetworkManagement plasmoid.
That said, patches for KNetworkManager4 should be available, because Aurélien
works for Canonical on Kubuntu.
Ubuntu and Kubuntu 10.04 AFAIK uses the dbus menus and Kubuntu 10.04 uses
KNetworkManager4 and that seems not broken in a very short VirtualBox test.