New dependency for kdelibs and kdebase: dbusmenu-qt

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Apr 28 19:32:31 BST 2010

On April 28, 2010, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Yes this hasn't been done the proper way (no buildsystem review, no proper
> testing on more than a single system, no announcements before comitting
> it) and people should really start to read and adhere to kdelibs policies,

the reality is that it's an external dependency. Aurelien doesn't have
permission yet to make it an "official" upstream project from his manager.[1]
we don't put external deps under the same policies as kdelibs.

it never was in our svn, it never will be in our svn .. at best it will become
a "KDE project" later on. for now, treat it like any other external
dependency.

[1] how stupid that is should be obvious, but it is also not relevant here so
let's avoid going down that rathole.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se