New dependency for kdelibs and kdebase: dbusmenu-qt

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Apr 28 19:51:16 BST 2010

On 28.04.10 11:32:31, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On April 28, 2010, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Yes this hasn't been done the proper way (no buildsystem review, no proper
> > testing on more than a single system, no announcements before comitting
> > it) and people should really start to read and adhere to kdelibs policies,
>
> the reality is that it's an external dependency. Aurelien doesn't have
> permission yet to make it an "official" upstream project from his manager.[1]
> we don't put external deps under the same policies as kdelibs.

You got me wrong, I wasn't talking about the new external dependency at
all. I was talking about the code that was added to kdelibs and kdebase,
in particular the new buildsystem files to find the new dependency and
about the lack of warning before introducing a new dependency for trunk
and about just vanishing after having done so.

Andreas

--
Next Friday will not be your lucky day.  As a matter of fact, you don't
have a lucky day this year.