KNewStuff: Global Installation

Jonathan Schmidt-Dominé - Developer devel at the-user.org
Sun Apr 25 22:21:21 BST 2010

Hi!

> What does that switch do? In particular where does it put the files?
> Putting them into /usr/ is wrong as that'll clash with your
> package-managers data and anything else needs extra setup steps in the
> environment (like adding /usr/local to KDEDIRS).
I think /usr would be okay, this "clash" would not cause any dramatic
problems, plasmapkg already uses this directory.

Jonathan
------------------------
Automatisch eingefügte Signatur:
Es lebe die Freiheit!
Stoppt den Gebrauch proprietärer Software!
Operating System: GNU/Linux
Kernel: Linux 2.6.31.8-0.1-default
Qt: 4.6.3
KDE: 4.4.73 (KDE 4.4.73 (KDE 4.5 >= 20100422)) "release 2"
KMail: 1.13.2
http://gnu.org/
http://kde.org/
http://windows7sins.org/