KNewStuff: Global Installation

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Apr 25 21:52:34 BST 2010

On 25.04.10 19:26:17, Jonathan Schmidt-Dominé - Developer wrote:
> What would be about enabling global installation in knewstuff, there are
> global install-dirs and even plasmapkg has a "--global"-option. So we could
> either add a checkbox for global installation or we could say shift+install =
> global installation. What is your opinion?

What does that switch do? In particular where does it put the files?
Putting them into /usr/ is wrong as that'll clash with your
package-managers data and anything else needs extra setup steps in the
environment (like adding /usr/local to KDEDIRS).

Andreas

--
You have an ability to sense and know higher truth.