KDE Platform Profiles

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Apr 12 17:54:40 BST 2010

On Monday 12 April 2010, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> We estimated the dependencies (cutting at Qt and system libs) to run a KDE
> application which would use the full platform to be around 48 MB maximum
> (release build, 64 bits arch was used as reference). We counted kdesupport,
> kdelibs and kdebase runtime for that, but we excluded icons and
> translations, also assuming only one style and desktop theme were provided.
>
> After that, we graphed the dependencies of the libraries. The simplest
> cases were solved using ldd, otherwise we used a script for the bigger
> dependency hungry libraries.

Do you know that cmake can (basically) do this for you ?
If you run cmake --graphviz=<filename> it will generate a dot file with the
dependencies.
It may be that this feature is somewhat broken, and could also need some more
polishing, but if somebody is interested in getting these dependencies, this
would be a good way to get something which is then useful for everybody.

Alex