inclusion of MathematiK into kde-edu

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Tue Sep 22 01:21:38 BST 2009

On Monday 21 September 2009 16:19:45 Alexander Rieder wrote:
> I'm looking forward to get your reviews,

You'll have to please excuse me because I am very lazy by this point but is
there a website (or more to the point, screenshots?) :)

Also from a brief glance:

* The FindLibSpectre.cmake is from kdegraphics.  This isn't a question for the
author but I wonder what our policy is for merging FindFoo modules so that we
avoid code duplication?

* The FindR.cmake seems overly wordy.  Also shouldn't there be a lapack pkg-
config module in the case that Rlapack is present?  That should give you the
list of libraries (such as gfortran) to link in addition to -lRlapack without
guessing.  It's present on Gentoo at least, not sure of other distros.

* I don't think it's necessary to add_directory(cmake) from the root
CMakeLists.txt since you're already added the module directory to use.

* You use a HelpExtension proxy of some sort to forward showHelp() signals out
of the part you're using to the main app.  You should just be able to add that
signal to your part itself though without having to use a proxy object, since
the signal is looked up at run time.  (For this reason even if you go the
HelpExtension route you don't need the helpextension.h header included in your
mathematik.cpp for your MathematiKShell::addWorksheet(), the connect call is
against QObject).

* The mathematik.kcfgc file appears to be redundant given that you have a
(properly-spelled) settings.kcfgc file.

* On that note I don't think it's necessary to run this twice:
kde4_add_kcfg_files(mathematik_SRCS settings.kcfgc)

* The code itself seems straightforward enough from a very cursory review and
appears to have met Krazy at least once, which is good.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne