Merging KAuth into KDELibs

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Sat Sep 5 14:32:00 BST 2009

On Saturday 05 September 2009 13:52:05 you wrote:
> In data sabato 05 settembre 2009 14:36:47, Oswald Buddenhagen ha scritto:
> > i find the choice of the name unfortunate, given the existence of the
> > KAuthorized class; this is bound to cause confusion. try something like
> > KPrivileged, KPoliced, KElevated ... whatever.

[snip vitriol]

> Also, what issue did I not think through? If you looked into the code, you
> would have realized that KAuth lies in a separate namespace, so it's quite
> unlikely to have stuff conflicting with KAuthorized, which has a completely
> different scope and functionality.

I think Ossi was suggesting that using the KAuth namespace might confuse
developers, because KAuth has a different purpose to the similarly-named
KAuthorized class, which is part of the Kiosk framework.

Alex

--
Why have I got six monitors?  Because I haven't got room for eight.
  -- Terry Pratchett