FF vs Konq (was: kdewebkit moved to kdereview)

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Thu Oct 29 12:27:52 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 27 October 2009, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Konq with *real* session management (and that means ability to shift
> windows between multiple active sessions, as well as reliable session
> save/restore on exit or in the event of a crash) would rock my world. Of
> course SM should ideally be done as desktop-wide as possible, not
> limited to the browser. I guess this is sort of what Plasma "activities"
> are supposed to do, but I can't say I've seen the 5ยข tutorial on "How to
> Make Activities Work for You".

I've never seen problems with save/restore in konqueror. What parts are you
using? I know webkitpart have had problems in that regard.

Session management is done on a desktop-wide basis in KDE and always has. We
might be missing the graphical button to save the session in KDE4, but it is
accessible using DBUS.

`Allan